Main Article Content
The goal of the present article to introduce the notion of generalized Meir-Keeler type ψ-contractions and prove some coupled common fixed point results for such type of contractions. The theorems proved herein extend, generalize and improve some results of the existing literature. Several examples and an application to integral equations are also given in order to illustrate the genuineness of our results.
- S. Banach, Sur les operations dans les ensembles abstraits et leur applications aux equations integrales, Fund. Math. 3 (1922), 133-181.
- T. G. Bhaskar and V. Lakshmikantham, Fixed point theorems in partially ordered metric spaces and applications, Nonlinear Anal. 65 (2006), 1379-1393.
- C. Chen and I. J. Lin, Common fixed points of generalized cyclic Meir-Keeler-type contractions in partially ordered metric spaces, Abstr. Appl. Anal. 2013 (2013), Art. ID 787342.
- S. H. Cho and J. S. Bae, Fixed points of weak α-contraction type maps, Fixed Point Theory Appl. 2014 (2014), Art. ID 175.
- B. S. Choudhury and P.Maity, Cyclic coupled fixed point result using Kannan type contractions, Journal of Operators 2014 (2014), Article ID 876749.
- H. S. Ding, L. Li and W. Long, Coupled common fixed point theorems for weakly increasing mappings with two variables, J. Comput. Anal. Appl. 15(8) (2013), 1381-1390.
- M. E. Gordji, Y. J. Cho, S. Ghods, M. Ghods and M. H. Dehkordi, Coupled fixed point theorems for contractions in partially ordered metric spaces and applications, Math. Probl. Eng. 2012 (2012), Art. ID 150363.
- D. Guo and V. Lakshmikantham, Coupled fixed points of nonlinear operators with applications, Nonlinear Anal. 11 (1987), 623-632.
- N. Hussain, M. Abbas, A. Azam and J. Ahmad, Coupled coincidence point results for a generalized compatible pair with applications, Fixed Point Theory Appl. 2014 (2014), Art. ID 62.
- H. I ¸ sik and D. Turkoglu, Coupled Fixed Point Theorems for New Contractive Mixed Monotone Mappings and Applications to Integral Equations, Filomat 28(6) (2014), 1253-1264.
- V. Lakshmikantham and L. Ciric, Coupled fixed point theorems for nonlinear contractions in partially ordered metric spaces, Nonlinear Anal. 70 (2009), 4341-4349.
- N. V. Luong and N. X. Thuan, Coupled fixed points in partially ordered metric spaces and application, Nonlinear Anal. 74 (2011), 983-992.
- A. Meir and E. Keeler, A theorem on contraction mappings, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 28 (1969), 326-329.
- J. J. Nieto and R. Rodriguez-Lopez, Contractive mapping theorems in partially ordered sets and applications to ordinary differential equations, Order 22 (2005), 223-239.
- B. Samet, Coupled fixed point theorems for a generalized Meir-Keeler contraction in partially ordered metric spaces, Nonlinear Anal. 72(12) (2010), 4508-4517.
- T. Suzuki, Fixed point theorem for asymptotic contractions of Meir-Keeler type in complete metric spaces, Nonlinear Anal. 64 (2006), 971-978.