Main Article Content
The authors find the absolute monotonicity and complete monotonicity of some functions involving trigonometric functions and related to estimates the lower bounds of the first eigenvalue of Laplace operator on Riemannian manifolds.
- M. Abramowitz and I. A. Stegun (Eds), Handbook of Mathematical Functions with Formulas, Graphs, and Mathematical Tables, National Bureau of Standards, Applied Mathematics Series 55, 9th printing, Washington, 1970.
- H. Alzer, Sharp bounds for the Bernoulli numbers, Arch. Math. (Basel) 74 (2000), 207-211.
- H.-F. Ge, New sharp bounds for the Bernoulli numbers and refinement of Becker-Stark inequalities, J. Appl. Math. 2012 (2012), Article ID 137507, 7 pages.
- B.-N. Guo, Q.-M. Luo, and F. Qi, Monotonicity results and inequalities for the inverse hyperbolic sine function, J. Inequal. Appl. 2013 (2013), Article ID 536, 6 pages.
- B.-N. Guo and F. Qi, Sharpening and generalizations of Shafer-Fink's double inequality for the arc sine function, Filomat 27 (2013), no. 2, 261-265.
- B.-N. Guo and F. Qi, A property of logarithmically absolutely monotonic functions and the logarithmically complete monotonicity of a power-exponential function, Politehn. Univ. Bucharest Sci. Bull. Ser. A Appl. Math. Phys. 72 (2010), no. 2, 21-30.
- B.-N. Guo and F. Qi, On the degree of the weighted geometric mean as a complete Bernstein function, Afr. Mat. 26 (2015), in press.
- F.-B. Hang and X.-D. Wang, A remark on Zhong-Yang's eigenvalue estimate. Int. Math. Res. Not. IMRN 2007, no. 18, Article ID rnm064, 9 pages.
- Q.-D. Hao and B.-N. Guo, A method of finding extremums of composite functions of trigonometric functions, Ku`ang Y`e (Mining) (1993), no. 4, 80-83. (Chinese)
- Z.-H. Huo, F. Qi, and B.-N. Guo, Laplace operator âˆ† and its representations, Zh`engzh ¯ou Fˇangzh ¯i G ¯ongx ´uey`uan X ´ueb`ao (Journal of Zhengzhou Textile Institute) 4 (1993), no. 2, 52-57. (Chinese)
- P. Li. Poincar ´e inequalities on Riemannian manifolds, Seminar on Differential Geometry (Ann. of Math. Stud. 102), 73-83, Princeton University Press, 1982.
- P. Li and S. T. Yau, Estimates of eigenvalues of a compact Riemannian manifold, Geometry of the Laplace operator (Proc. Sympos. Pure Math., Univ. Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii, 1979), 205-239, Proc. Sympos. Pure Math., XXXVI, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, R.I., 1980.
- J. Ling, The first eigenvalue of a closed manifold with positive Ricci curvature, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 134 (2006), no. 10, 3071-3079.
- D. S. Mitrinovi ´c, J. E. Peˇcari ´c, and A. M. Fink, Classical and New Inequalities in Analysis, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht-Boston-London, 1993.
- F. Qi, A double inequality for ratios of Bernoulli numbers, ResearchGate Dataset, available online at http://dx.doi.org/10.13140/2.1.2367.2962.
- F. Qi, A double inequality for ratios of Bernoulli numbers, RGMIA Res. Rep. Coll. 17 (2014), Article 103, 4 pages.
- F. Qi, An estimate of the gap of the first two eigenvalues in the Schr ¨odinger operator, Ji ¯aozu`o Ku`angy`e Xu ´eyu`an Xu ´eb`ao (Journal of Jiaozuo Mining Institute) 12 (1993), no. 2, 108-112.
- F. Qi, Estimates of the Gap of Two Eigenvalues in the Schr ¨odinger Operator and the First Eigenvalue of Laplace Operator, Thesis supervised by Professor Yi-Pei Chen and submitted for the Master Degree of Sceince in Mathematics at Xiamen University by Feng Qi in April 1989. (Chinese)
- F. Qi, Integral representations and complete monotonicity related to the remainder of Burnside's formula for the gamma function, J. Comput. Appl. Math. 268 (2014), 155-167.
- F. Qi, Properties of modified Bessel functions and completely monotonic degrees of differences between exponential and trigamma functions, Math. Inequal. Appl. (2015), in press.
- F. Qi and C. Berg, Complete monotonicity of a difference between the exponential and trigamma functions and properties related to a modified Bessel function, Mediterr. J. Math. 10 (2013), no. 4, 1685-1696.
- F. Qi, P. Cerone, and S. S. Dragomir, Complete monotonicity of a function involving the divided difference of psi functions, Bull. Aust. Math. Soc. 88 (2013), no. 2, 309-319.
- F. Qi and B.-N. Guo, Lower bound of the first eigenvalue for the Laplace operator on compact Riemannian manifold, Chinese Quart. J. Math. 8 (1993), no. 2, 40-49.
- F. Qi and B.-N. Guo, Sharpening and generalizations of Shafer's inequality for the arc sine function, Integral Transforms Spec. Funct. 23 (2012), no. 2, 129-134.
- F. Qi, B.-N. Guo, and R.-Q. Cui, Estimates of the upper bound of the difference of two arbitrary neighboring eigenvalues of the Schr ¨odinger operator, J. Math. (Wuhan) 16 (1996), no. 1, 81-86. (Chinese)
- F. Qi, B.-N. Guo, and Q.-D. Hao, Estimate of the lower bound for the gap between the first two eigenvalues of Laplace operator, Ku`ang Y`e (Mining) (1994), no. 2, 86-93. (Chinese)
- F. Qi, H.-C. Li, B.-N. Guo and Q.-M. Luo, Inequalities and estimates of the eigenvalue for Laplace operator, Ji ¯aozu`o Ku`angy`e Xu ´eyu`an Xu ´eb`ao (Journal of Jiaozuo Mining Institute) 13 (1994), no. 3, 89-95. (Chinese)
- F. Qi, D.-W. Niu, and B.-N. Guo, Refinements, generalizations, and applications of Jordan's inequality and related problems, J. Inequal. Appl. 2009 (2009), Article ID 271923, 52 pages.
- F. Qi and S.-H. Wang, Complete monotonicity, completely monotonic degree, integral representations, and an inequality related to the exponential, trigamma, and modified Bessel functions, Glob. J. Math. Anal. 2 (2014), no. 3, 91-97.
- F. Qi, L.-Q. Yu, and Q.-M. Luo, Estimates for the upper bounds of the first eigenvalue on submanifolds, Chinese Quart. J. Math. 9 (1994), no. 2, 40-43.
- R. L. Schilling, R. Song, and Z. Vondraˇcek, Bernstein Functions””Theory and Applications, 2nd ed., de Gruyter Studies in Mathematics 37, Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, Germany, 2012.
- N. M. Temme, Special Functions: An Introduction to Classical Functions of Mathematical Physics, Wiley 1996.
- D. V. Widder, The Laplace Transform, Princeton University Press, Princeton, 1946.
- H. C. Yang, Estimate of the first eigenvalue of Laplace operator on Riemannian manifolds whose Ricci curvature has a negative lower bound, Sci. Sinica Ser. A 32 (1989), no. 7, 689-700. (Chinese)
- H. C. Yang, Estimates of the first eigenvalue of compact Riemannian manifolds with boundary with Dirichlet boundary conditions Acta Math. Sinica 34 (1991), no. 3, 329-342. (Chinese)
- D.-G. Yang, Lower bound estimates of the first eigenvalue for compact manifolds with positive Ricci curvature, Pacific J. Math. 190 (1999), no. 2, 383-398.
- Q. H. Yu and J. Q. Zhong, Lower bounds of the gap between the first and second eigenvalues of the Schr ¨odinger operator. Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 294 (1986), no. 1, 341-349.
- J. Q. Zhong and H. C. Yang, Estimates of the first eigenvalue of Laplace operator on compact Riemannian manifolds, Sci. Sinica Ser. A 26 (1983), no. 9, 812-820. (Chinese)
- J. Q. Zhong and H. C. Yang, On the estimate of the first eigenvalue of a compact Riemannian manifold, Sci. Sinica Ser. A 27 (1984), no. 12, 1265-1273.
- L. Zhu and J.-K. Hua, Sharpening the Becker-Stark inequalities, J. Inequal. Appl. 2010 (2010), Article ID 931275, 4 pages.