Main Article Content
The Ambartsumian equation in view of the q-calculus is investigated in this paper. This equation is of practical interest in the theory of surface brightness in the Milky Way. Two approaches are applied to obtain the closed form solution. The first approach implements a direct series assumption while the second approach is based on the Adomian decomposition method. The two approaches lead to a unique power series of arbitrary powers. Furthermore, the convergence of the obtained series is theoretically proven. In addition, we showed that the present solution reduces to the results in the relevant literature when the quantum calculus parameter tends to 1.
- F.H. Jackson, On a q-Definite Integrals, Quart. J. Pure Appl. Math. 41 (1910), 193-203.
- G.E. Andrews, q-Series: Their Development and Applications in Analysis, Number Theory, Combinatorics, Physics, and Computer Algebra, CBMS series, vol. 66, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, 1986.
- T. Ernst, The history of q-calculus and a new method (LicentiateThesis), U.U.D.M. Report 2000: 16; http://www.math.uu.se/thomas/Lics.pdf.
- T. Ernst, A method for q-Calculus, J. Nonlinear Math. Phys. 10(4) (2003), 487-525.
- R. Baxter, Exact Solved Models in Statistical Mechanics, Academic Press, New York, 1982.
- N. Bettaibi, K. Mezlini, On the use Of the q-Mellin transform to solve some q-heat and q-wave equations, Int. J. Math. Arch. 3(2) (2012), 446-455.
- Y. Li, Z.-M. Sheng, A deformation of quantum mechanics, J. Phys. A: Math. Gen. 25 (1992), 6779?6788.
- M.H. Annaby, Z.S. Mansour, q-Fractional Calculus and Equations, Springer, Heidelberg, New York, 2012.
- I. Koca, E. Demirci, On local asymptotic stability of q-fractional nonlinear dynamical systems, Appl. Appl. Math. 11 (2016), 174-183.
- N.A. Rangaig, C.T. Pada, V.C. Convicto, On the existence of the solution for q-Caputo fractional boundary value problem, Appl. Math. Phys. 5 (2017), 99-102.
- Y. Tang, T. Zhang, A remark on the q-fractional order differential equations, Appl. Math. Comput. 350 (2019), 198-208.
- L. Chanchlani, S. Alha, J. Gupta, Generalization of Taylor's formula and differential transform method for composite fractional q-derivative, Ramanujan J. 48 (2019), 21-32.
- V.A. Ambartsumian, On the fluctuation of the brightness of the milky way, Doklady Akad Nauk USSR, 44 (1994), 223-226.
- J. Patade, S. Bhalekar, On Analytical Solution of Ambartsumian Equation, Natl. Acad. Sci. Lett. 40 (2017), 291-293.
- T. Kato, J.B. McLeod, The functional-differential equation y'(x) = ay(λx) + by(x), Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 77 (1971), 891-935.
- D. Kumar, J. Singh, D. Baleanu, S. Rathore, Analysis of a fractional model of the Ambartsumian equation, Eur. Phys. J. Plus, 133 (2018), 259.
- A. Alshaery, A. Ebaid, Accurate analytical periodic solution of the elliptical Kepler equation using the Adomian decomposition method, Acta Astron. 140 (2017), 27-33.
- H.O. Bakodah and A. Ebaid, The Adomian decomposition method for the slip flow and heat transfer of nanofluids over a stretching/shrinking sheet, Rom. Rep. Phys. 70 (2018), 115.
- A. Patra, S. Saha Ray, Homotopy perturbation sumudu transform method for solving convective radial fins with temperature-dependent thermal conductivity of fractional order energy balance equation, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer. 76 (2014), 162-170.
- Z. Ayati, J. Biazar, On the convergence of Homotopy perturbation method, J. Egypt. Math. Soc. 23 (2015), 424-428.
- V.G. Kac, P. Cheung, Quantum Calculus, Springer-Verlag, New York, 2002.