Main Article Content
In this paper, we are concerned with one of the difficult class of optimization problems called the interval-valued optimization problem with vanishing constraints. Sufficient optimality conditions for a LU optimal solution are derived under generalized convexity assumptions. Moreover, appropriate duality results are discussed for a Mond-Weir type dual problem. In addition, numerical examples are given to support the sufficient optimality conditions and weak duality theorem.
- J. M. Abadie, On the Kuhn-Tucker theorem, Nonlinear Programming, J. Abadie ed., John Wiley, New York, 1967, pp. 21-36.
- W. Achtziger and C. Kanzow, Mathematical programs with vanishing constraints: Optimality conditions and constraint qualifications, Math. Program. 114 (2008), 69-99.
- Y. An, G. Ye, D. Zhao and W. Liu, Hermite-Hadamard type inequalities for interval (h1, h2)-convex functions, Mathematics, 7 (2019), Art. ID 436.
- M. S. Bazaraa, H.D. Sherali and C.M. Shetty, Nonlinear Programming. Theory and Algorithms. 2nd edition, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, 1993.
- M. P. BendsÃ¸e and O. Sigmund, Topology Optimization-Theory, Methods and Applications, 2nd ed., Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 2003.
- A. K. Bhurjee and G. Panda, Efficient solution of interval optimization problem, Math. Method. Oper. Res. 76 (2012), 273-288.
- R. W. Cottle, A theorem of Fritz John in mathematical programming, RAND Memorandum RM-3858-PR, RAND Corporation, 1963.
- M. Guignard, Generalized Kuhn-Tucker conditions for mathematical programming problems in a Banach space, SIAM J. Control, 7 (1969), 232-241.
- A. Khare and T. Nath, Enhanced Fritz John stationarity, new constraint qualifications and local error bound for mathematical programs with vanishing constraints, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 472 (2019), 1042-1077.
- Z.-Q. Luo, J.-S. Pang and D. Ralph, Mathematical Programs with Equilibrium Constraints, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1997.
- O. L. Mangasarian and S. Fromovitz, The Fritz John necessary optimality condition in the presence of equality and inequality constraints, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 17 (1967), 37-47.
- S. K. Mishra, V. Singh, V. Laha and R. N. Mohapatra, On constraint qualifications for multiobjective optimization problems with vanishing constraints, Optimization Methods, Theory and Applications, Springer Berlin Heidelberg (2015), 95-135.
- R. Osuna-G ´omez, B. Hern ´andez-Jim ´enez, Y. Chalco-Cano and G. Ruiz-Garz ´on, New efficiency conditions for multiobjective interval-valued programming problems, Inform. Sci. 420 (2017), 235-248.
- J. V. Outrata, M. Koˇcvara and J. Zowe, Nonsmooth Approach to Optimization Problems with Equilibrium Constraints, Nonconvex Optimization and its Applications, Kluwer, Dordrecht, 1998.
- D. W. Peterson, A review of constraint qualifications in finite-dimensional spaces, SIAM Rev. 15 (1973), 639-654.
- A. Sadeghi, M. Saraj and N. M. Amiri, Efficient solutions of interval programming problems with inexact parameters and second order cone constraints, Mathematics, 6 (2018), Art ID 270.
- D. Singh, B. A. Dar and A. Goyal, KKT optimality conditions for interval valued optimization problems, J. Nonlinear Anal. Optim. 5 (2014), 91-103.
- D. Singh, B. A. Dar and D. S. Kim, KKT optimality conditions in interval-valued multiobjective programming with generalized differentiable functions, European J. Oper. Res. 254 (2016), 29-39.
- M. Slater, Lagrange multipliers revisited: a contribution to nonlinear programming, Cowles Commission Discussion Paper, Mathematics, 403, 1950.
- I. M. Stancu-Minasian, Stochastic Programming with Multiple Objective Functions, D Reidei Publishing Company, Bordrecht, 1984.
- Y. Sun and L. Wang, Optimality conditions and duality in nondifferentiable interval- valued programming, J. Ind. Manage. Optim. 9 (2013), 131-142.
- Z. Wang and S. C. Fang, On constraint qualifications: motivation, design and inter-relations, J. Ind. Manage. Optim. 9 (2013), 983-1001.
- L. Wang, G. Yang, H. Xiao, Q. Sun, J. Ge, Interval optimization for structural dynamic responses of an artillery system under uncertainty, Eng. Optim. 52 (2020), 343-366.
- H. C. Wu, On interval valued nonlinear programming problems, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 338 (2008), 299-316.
- H. C. Wu, The Karush Kuhn Tuker optimality conditions in multiobjective programming problems with interval-valued objective functions, European J. Oper. Res. 196 (2009), 49-60.
- H. C. Wu, Solving the interval-valued optimization problems based on the concept of null set, J. Ind. Manage. Optim. 14 (3) (2018), 1157-1178.