Main Article Content
In this paper, we will overview the most of theories in the field of motivation and retest the practical contexts in reality to tackle the questions of the ways to motivate employees. The test of this paper is expected to find out the factors which could upgrade the motivation index of employees in work environment. The model of contexts that influence the work motivation in special case of Vietnamese youngsters will perform and organize into 4 components: Organizational and team culture/ climate, Leadership/ Social relations, Organizational practice and policies and Work role and job demand/ design in the third chapter. Last but not least, the final sector would figure out the gap in this research in point out the direction for future research performances in the field of motivating employees.
- A. Bandura, Social foundations of thought and action: a social cognitive theory, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, N.J, 1986.
- V. Bodolica, M. Waxin, Motivating Vietnamese Employees and Managers in an American Joint-Venture: What a Challenge!, Asian Case Res. J. 11 (2007), 59-77.
- W.Chia-Nan,N. N. Ty,Forecasting the manpower requirement in Vietnamese tertiary institutions. Asian J. Empiric. Res. 3(5) (2013), 563-575.
- O.W. DeShields, A. Kara, E. Kaynak, Determinants of business student satisfaction and retention in higher education: applying Herzberg's two”factor theory, Int. J. Educ. Manage. 19 (2005), 128-139.
- A.J. DuBrin, Essentials of management, 9th ed, South-Western, Australia ; Mason, OH, 2010.
- F. Herzberg, One more time: how do you motivate employees?, Harvard Business Press, Boston, Mass, 2008.
- G.P. Latham, Goal Setting:, Organizational Dynamics. 32 (2003), 309-318.
- E.E. Lawler, J.L. Suttle, Expectancy theory and job behavior, Organ.Behav. Human Perform. 9 (1973), 482-503.
- E.A. Locke, G.P. Latham, A theory of goal setting & task performance, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, N.J, 1990.
- L.H.T. Pham, N. T.Nguyen,T. T. Tran, On the factors affecting start-up intention of Millennials in Vietnam. Int. J. Adv. Appl. Sci. 6(1) (2019), 1-8.
- A. H. Maslow, A theory of human motivation. Psychological review, 50(4)(1943), 370.
- D. McGregor, Theory X and theory Y. Organization Theory, 358(1960), 374.
- S.McLeod, Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Simply Psychology, 2007.
- N. T. Nguyen, Optimizing Factors for Accuracy of Forecasting Models in Food Processing Industry: A Context of Cacao Manufacturers in Vietnam. Ind. Eng. Manage. Syst. 18(4)(2019), 808-824.
- N. T.Nguyen,Performance evaluation in strategic alliances: A case of vietnamese construction industry. Glob. J. Flex. Syst. Manage. 21(1)(2020), 85-99.
- N. T. Nguyen, Attitudes and Repurchase Intention of Consumers towards Functional Foods in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Int. J. Anal. Appl. 18(2)(2020b), 212-242.
- P.Nguyen, T. Nguyen, A two-stage study of grey system theory and DEA in strategic alliance: An application in Vietnamese Steel industry. Int. J. Data Envelop. Anal. 7(2)(2019), 45-64.
- N. T.Nguyen, L. X. T. Nguyen, Applying DEA Model to Measure the Efficiency of Hospitality Sector: The Case of Vietnam. Int. J. Anal. Appl. 17(6)(2019b), 994-1018.
- N. T.Nguyen, T. T. Tran, Mathematical development and evaluation of forecasting models for accuracy of inflation in developing countries: a case of Vietnam. Discrete Dyn. Nat. Soc. 2015(2015), 858157.
- N. T.Nguyen, T. T. Tran, Facilitating an advanced product layout to prioritize hot lots in 450 mm wafer foundry in the semiconductor industry. Int. J. Adv. Appl. Sci. 3(6)(2016), 14-23.
- N. T.Nguyen, T. T. Tran, A novel integration of DEA, GM (1, 1) and neural network in strategic alliance for the Indian electricity organizations. J. Grey Syst. 29(2)(2017), 80-101.
- N. T.Nguyen, T. T. Tran, A two-stage study of grey system theory and DEA in strategic alliance: An application in Vietnamese fertilizing industry. Int. J. Adv. Appl. Sci. 5(9)(2018), 73-81.
- N. T.Nguyen, T. T. Tran, A Study of the Strategic Alliance for Vietnam Domestic Pharmaceutical Industry: A Dynamic Integration of A Hybrid DEA and GM (1, 1) Approach. J. Grey Syst. 30(4)(2018), 134-151.
- N. T.Nguyen, T. T. Tran, Optimizing mathematical parameters of Grey system theory: an empirical forecasting case of Vietnamese tourism. Neural Comput. Appl. 31(2)(2019a), 1075-1089.
- N. T.Nguyen, T. T. Tran, Raising opportunities in strategic alliance by evaluating efficiency of logistics companies in Vietnam: a case of Cat Lai Port. Neural Comput. Appl. 31(11)(2019b), 7963-7974.
- N. T.Nguyen,T. T.Tran,C. N.Wang,N. T.Nguyen, Optimization of strategic alliances by integrating DEA and grey model. J. Grey Syst. 27(1)(2015), 38-56.
- N. T.Nguyen, T. T. Tran, C. N. Wang, Management styles and organisational effectiveness in Vietnam: A comparison in terms of management practices between state-owned and foreign enterprises. Res. World Econ. 6(1)(2015), 85-98.
- B.F. Skinner, The shaping of a behaviorist: part two of an autobiography, 1st ed, Knopf : distributed by Random House, New York, 1979.
- T.Thanh-Tuyen, N. T. Nguyen, Determinants Affecting Vietnamese Laborers' Decision to Work in Enterprises in Taiwan. J. Stock Forex Trad. 5(2)(2016), 1000173.
- T. T.Tran, An investigation about factors that affecting satisfaction and efficiency in Vietnamese tourism. Int. J. Adv. Appl. Sci. 5(12)(2018), 7-15.
- T. T.Tran, An empirical research on selecting the targeted suppliers and purchasing process of supermarket. Int. J. Adv. Appl. Sci. 4(4)(2017), 96-109.
- T. T.Tran, Evaluating and forecasting performance using past data of an industry: An analysis of electronic manufacturing services industry. Int. J. Adv. Appl. Sci, 3(12)(2016), 5-20.
- T. T.Tran, Factors affecting to the purchase and repurchase intention smart-phones of Vietnamese staff, International Journal of Advanced and Applied Sciences, 5 (3) (2018), 107-119.
- T. T. Tran, Forecasting strategies and analyzing the numbers of incoming students: Case in Taiwanese vocational schools. Int. J. Adv. Appl. Sci. 4(9)(2017), 86-95.
- V. H. Vroom, Work and motivation (Vol. 54). Wiley, New York, 1964.
- C. N.Wang, N. T. Nguyen, T. T. Tran, An empirical study of customer satisfaction towards bank payment card service quality in Ho Chi Minh banking branches. Int. J. Econ. Finance, 6(5)(2014), 170-181.
- C. N.Wang, N. T. Nguyen, T. T. Tran, The study of staff satisfaction in consulting center system-A case study of job consulting centers in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Asian Econ. Financ. Rev. 4(4)(2014), 472-491.
- C. N.Wang, N. T. Nguyen, T. T. Tran, Integrated DEA models and grey system theory to evaluate past-to-future performance: a case of Indian electricity industry.Sci. World J. 2015(2015), 638710.
- C. N.Wang, N. T. Nguyen, T. T. Tran,B. B.Huong, A study of the strategic alliance for EMS industry: the application of a hybrid DEA and GM (1, 1) approach.Sci. World J. 2015(2015), 948793.
- L. W.Wang, T. T. Tran, N. T. Nguyen, Analyzing factors to improve service quality of local specialties restaurants: A comparison with fast food restaurants in southern Vietnam. Asian Econ. Financ. Rev. 4(11)(2014), 1592-1606.
- L. W.Wang, T. T. Tran, N. T. Nguyen, An empirical study of hybrid DEA and grey system theory on analyzing performance: a case from Indian mining industry. J. Appl. Math. 2015(2015), 395360.
- L. W.Wang, T. Tran, N. T. Nguyen, An analysis of manpower in Vietnamese undergraduate educational system. Int. J. Econ. Bus. Finance, 1(11)(2013), 398-408.