Main Article Content
To make mobile application more reliable, performance is most important parameter. Resource management plays crucial role inside development of mobile application. Careful attention should be required for number of non-functional requirements to achieve ultimate goal of mobile application development. Mobile application and its impact on market are analyzed by performance evaluation process. For getting better performance, efficient utilization of physical resources is required. These resources provide actionable information to application developer for optimizing performance and increases efficiency during development cycle. Due to limited processing power and memory resources, keep hardware components always in running states. But slow applications drain batteries of their devices. To maximize utilization of resources, developers should consider hardware limitations too which make an effort to optimize performance and efficiency of application. This paper presents a qualitative performance analysis of mobile applications. This paper describes factors considered for analyzing performance and corrective measures to achieve better performance.
- V.S. Sundara Rajan, A. Malini, K. Sundarakantham, Performance evaluation of online mobile application using Test My App, in: 2014 IEEE International Conference on Advanced Communications, Control and Computing Technologies, IEEE, Ramanathapuram, India, 2014: pp. 1148-1152.
- M. Willocx, J. Vossaert, V. Naessens, A Quantitative Assessment of Performance in Mobile App Development Tools, in: 2015 IEEE International Conference on Mobile Services, IEEE, New York City, NY, USA, 2015: pp. 454-461.
- D.S. Kolluru, P.B. Reddy, Review on Communication Technologies in Telecommunications from Conventional Telephones to Smart Phones, in: International Conference on Advances in Signal Processing, VLSI, Communications and Embedded Systems (ICSVCE-2021), Hyderabad, India, April 2021.
- W. Gao, L.-Y. Duan, J. Sun, et al. Mobile media communication, processing, and analysis: A review of recent advances, in: 2013 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS2013), IEEE, Beijing, 2013: pp. 869-872.
- L. Corral, A. Sillitti, G. Succi, Evolution of mobile software development from platform-Specific to web-Based multiplatform paradigm. In: Proceedings of the 10th SIGPLAN symposium on New ideas, new paradigms, and reflections on programming and software, 2011: pp. 181-183
- K. Suankaewmanee, D.T. Hoang, D. Niyato, S. Sawadsitang, P. Wang, Z. Han, Performance Analysis and Application of Mobile Blockchain, in: 2018 International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (ICNC), IEEE, Maui, HI, 2018: pp. 642-646.
- L. Delia, N. Galdamez, L. Corbalan, P. Pesado, P. Thomas, Approaches to mobile application development: Comparative performance analysis, in: 2017 Computing Conference, IEEE, London, 2017: pp. 652-659.
- Durga Sowjanya Kolluru, P.Bhaskara Reddy, IP to IP Calling through Socket Programming, in: IEEE Sponsored Asian Conference on Innovation in Technology (ASIANCON)- 2021, Pune, Maharashtra, India, 2021.
- D. Kayande, U. Shrawankar, Performance analysis for improved RAM utilization for Android applications, in: 2012 CSI Sixth International Conference on Software Engineering (CONSEG), IEEE, Indore, Madhay Pradesh, India, 2012: pp. 1-6.
- S.V.S. Prasad, T.S. Savithri, I.V.M. Krishna, A new technique for color based image segmentation using support vector machines, in: 2014 International Conference on Medical Imaging, m-Health and Emerging Communication Systems (MedCom), IEEE, Greater Noida, India, 2014: pp. 189-192.
- M. Hort, M. Kechagia, F. Sarro, M. Harman, A Survey of Performance Optimization for Mobile Applications, IEEE Trans. Software Eng. In press, https://doi.org/10.1109/TSE.2021.3071193.
- P. Yoosook, P. Apirukvorapinit, Performance monitoring tool for mobile application, in: 2018 5th International Conference on Business and Industrial Research (ICBIR), IEEE, Bangkok, 2018: pp. 177-182.
- P.K. Aggarwal, P.S. Grover, L. Ahuja, A Performance Evaluation Model for Mobile Applications, in: 2019 4th International Conference on Internet of Things: Smart Innovation and Usages (IoT-SIU), IEEE, Ghaziabad, India, 2019: pp. 1-3.
- D.S. Kolluru, P.B. Reddy, Development of Voice Call Transfer Service between Android Smart Phone and Tablet, Rev. Geint.-Gest. Inov. Tecnol. 11 (2021), 467-480.
- S.V.S. Prasad, T. Satya Savithri, I.V. Murali Krishna, Performance Evaluation of SVM Kernels on Multispectral Liss III Data for Object Classification, Int. J. Smart Sensing Intell. Syst. 10 (2017) 829-844.
- K.D Sowjanya, Ch. Srinu, Instant Message Transfer between Two Smart Phones Using Wi-Fi, Int. J. Adv. Eng. Manage. Sci. 2 (2016), 1949-1951.
- K. Kuan, T. Adegbija, Energy and Performance Analysis of STTRAM Caches for Mobile Applications, in: 2019 IEEE 13th International Symposium on Embedded Multicore/Many-Core Systems-on-Chip (MCSoC), IEEE, Singapore, Singapore, 2019: pp. 257-264.
- L. Zhang, B. Tiwana, Z. Qian, et al. Accurate online power estimation and automatic battery behavior based power model generation for smartphones, in: Proceedings of the Eighth IEEE/ACM/IFIP International Conference on Hardware/Software Codesign and System Synthesis - CODES/ISSS '10, ACM Press, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA, 2010: p. 105.
- L. Pu, Performance Analysis of Short Message Service, in: 2009 International Symposium on Intelligent Ubiquitous Computing and Education, IEEE, Chengdu, China, 2009: pp. 370-373.
- M.E. Joorabchi, A. Mesbah, P. Kruchten, Real Challenges in Mobile App Development, in: 2013 ACM / IEEE International Symposium on Empirical Software Engineering and Measurement, IEEE, Baltimore, Maryland, 2013: pp. 15-24.
- S.V.S. Prasad, Double Block Zero Padding Acquisition Algorithm for GPS Software Receiver, J. Autom. Mobile Robot. Intell. Syst. 12 (2019), 58-63.
- L. Delia, N. Galdamez, P. Thomas, L. Corbalan, P. Pesado, Multi-platform mobile application development analysis, in: 2015 IEEE 9th International Conference on Research Challenges in Information Science (RCIS), IEEE, Athens, Greece, 2015: pp. 181-186.
- R.R. Nimbalkar, Mobile Application Testing and Challenges, Int. J. Sci. Res. 2 (2013), 56-58.
- K.D. Sowjanya, V.G. Devi, Voice call between Android devices using Wireless Sensors, Int. J. Adv. Res. Eng. Technol. 4 (2016), 10-12.
- S. Blom, M. Book, V. Gruhn, R. Hrushchak, A. K, Write Once, Run Anywhere A Survey of Mobile Runtime Environments, in: 2008 The 3rd International Conference on Grid and Pervasive Computing - Workshops, IEEE, Kunming, China, 2008: pp. 132-137.