Main Article Content
Curves on surfaces and their frames play an important role in differential geometry and in many branches of science such as mechanics and physics. So, we are interested in studying one of these surfaces along a curve lying on a surface. In this paper, we define a surface normal to a surface along a curve lying on a surface in Euclidean 3-space E3. Then, we analyze the necessary and sufficient conditions for that surface to be a ruled surface. Finally, we illustrate the convenience and efficiency of this approach with some representative examples.
- G.J. Wang, K. Tang, C.L. Tai, Parametric Representation of a Surface Pencil With a Common Spatial Geodesic, Computer-Aided Design. 36 (2004), 447–459. https://doi.org/10.1016/s0010-4485(03)00117-9.
- E. Kasap, F.T. Akyildiz, K. Orbay, A Generalization of Surfaces Family With Common Spatial Geodesic, Appl. Math. Comput. 201 (2008), 781–789. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2008.01.016.
- C.Y. Li, R.H. Wang, C.G. Zhu, Parametric Representation of a Surface Pencil With a Common Line of Curvature, Computer-Aided Design. 43 (2011), 1110–1117. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cad.2011.05.001.
- E. Bayram, F. Güler, E. Kasap, Parametric Representation of a Surface Pencil With a Common Asymptotic Curve, Computer-Aided Design. 44 (2012), 637–643. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cad.2012.02.007.
- C.Y. Li, R.H. Wang, C.G. Zhu, A Generalization of Surface Family With Common Line of Curvature, Appl. Math. Comput. 219 (2013), 9500–9507. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2013.03.077.
- C.Y. Li, R.H. Wang, C.G. Zhu, An Approach for Designing a Developable Surface Through a Given Line of Curvature, Computer-Aided Design. 45 (2013), 621–627. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cad.2012.11.001.
- E. Bayram, E. Ergun, E. Kasap, Surface family with a common natural asymptotic lift, J. Sci. Arts. 2 (2015), 117–124.
- E. Bayram, M. Bilici, Surface family with a common involute asymptotic curve, Int. J. Geom. Methods Mod. Phys. 13 (2016), 1650062. https://doi.org/10.1142/s0219887816500626.
- M.P. Do Carmo, Differential Geometry of Curves and Surfaces, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, 1976.
- H. Pottman, J. Wallner, Computational Line Geometry, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2001.
- M.K. Saad, R.A. Abdel-Baky, F. Alharbi, A. Aloufi, Characterizations of Some Special Curves in Lorentz-Minkowski Space, Math. Stat. 8 (2020), 299–305. https://doi.org/10.13189/ms.2020.080308.
- H.S. Abdel-Aziz, H. Serry, M.K. Saad, Evolution Equations of Pseudo Spherical Images for Timelike Curves in Minkowski 3-Space, Math. Stat. 10 (2022), 884–893. https://doi.org/10.13189/ms.2022.100420.
- Y. Li, Ali.H. Alkhaldi, A. Ali, R.A. Abdel-Baky, M.K. Saad, Investigation of Ruled Surfaces and Their Singularities According to Blaschke Frame in Euclidean 3-Space, AIMS Math. 8 (2023), 13875–13888. https://doi.org/10.3934/math.2023709.
- M.K. Saad, H.S. Abdel-Aziz, H.A. Ali, On Magnetic Curves According to Killing Vector Fields in Euclidean 3-Space, Int. J. Anal. Appl. 20 (2022), 18. https://doi.org/10.28924/2291-8639-20-2022-18.
- R.A. Abdel-Baky, M.K. Saad, Osculating Surfaces Along a Curve on a Surface in Euclidean 3-Space, J. Math. Comput. Sci. 12 (2022), 84. https://doi.org/10.28919/jmcs/7109.
- M.K. Saad, R.A. Abdel-Baky, On Ruled Surfaces According to Quasi-Frame in Euclidean 3-Space, Aust. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 17 (2020), 11.